THE MANAGEMENT TEAM
President and CEO, NTT Research, Inc.
- 2019: President and Chief Executive Officer, NTT Research, Inc.
- 2018: Board of Directors, US-Japan Council
- 2012: Board of Directors, NTT Communications Corp. (Until 2019)
- 2010: President and Chief Executive Officer, NTT America, Inc. (Until 2019)
- 2009: Chief Operating Officer, NTT America, Inc.
- 2004: VP of Global IP Network Business Unit, NTT America, Inc.
- 2001: VP of Global Business Department, NTT Communications Corp.
- 1998: Director of General Planning, NTT Cyber Communications Laboratory Group
- 1992: Master of Science in Industrial Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana -Champaign
- 1985: Joined Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation
Senior Vice President
Head of Research and Development Planning
- 1987: Joined the Company
- 2003: Senior Research Engineer of the Cyberspace Laboratories of the Cyber Communications Laboratory Group of the Company
- 2007: Senior Research Engineer of the Cyber Solutions Laboratories of the Cyber Communications Laboratory Group of the Company
- 2008: Vice President of Research and Development Planning of the Company
- 2014: Head of the Service Evolution Laboratories of the Service Innovation Laboratory Group of the Company
- 2016: Head of the Service Innovation Laboratory Group of the Company
- 2018: Senior Vice President
- Head of Research and Development Planning
- Member of the Board of the Company (present post)
Chief Operations Officer
Chief Technology Officer
Hideaki Ozawa is the COO/CTO of NTT Research Inc. He oversees Corporate and Technology strategy at NTT Research Inc.
Prior he oversees research and development of new technologies about Environmental Recognition system, such as image recognition, speech recognition language media recognition etc., Artificial Intelligence for human machine interaction etc, as VP, Head of Media Intelligence Laboratories at NTT from 2015 to 2018.He has about 15years experience for the web service and business. As general manager of Smart Navigation division at NTT Resonant, he overseas technology-based web services, Web search for mobile, Multimedia search service, Mobile cloud service, Interactive Digital map, Local search service, Tele health service etc.
Furthermore, as General Manager of IT development division at Walkerplus.com, he launched a major Japanese local portal service, Walkerplus.com, with Kadokawa Shoten publishing Co., LTD, JCB CO., LTD. and 8 companies at 2000.
Prior to that, he is worked at NTT Human Interface Labs and NTT Cyber Solution Labs. He researches and develop multimedia database system which is incorporated physical book functions as senior research engineer.
He received a Ph. D, M. Eng and B. Eng, from Department of Electrical Engineering at Keio University.
Head of Global Business, NTT
Tsunehisa is the Executive Vice President, Head of Global Business for the NTT Group. He’s responsible for planning and executing the global strategy.
Tsunehisa joined NTT in 1983. Since then he was engaged in network service promotion and corporate planning including the global strategy of NTT Group. In 2007 he was named General Manager of Global Business Strategy Office, Strategic Business Development Division of NTT. He was elected to Senior Vice President and Head of Global Business Office and Member of the Board of NTT in 2012. Since June 2018, he was elected to his current position of Executive Vice President. Tsunehisa graduated from the MIT Sloan School of Management, Executive Programme.
DIRECTORS OF LABORATORIES
Yoshihisa Yamamoto, Ph.D.
Director, Physics & Informatics Laboratories, NTT Research, Inc.
Professor (Emeritus) of Stanford University and National Institute of Informatics website
- Okawa Prize (2011)
- Hermann A. Haus Lecturer of MIT (2010)
- Medal with Purple Ribbon (2005)
- IEEE/LEOS Quantum Electronics Award (2000)
- Carl Zeiss Research Award (1992)
- Nishina Memorial Prize (1992) etc.
Tatsuaki Okamoto, Ph.D.
- RSA Conference Awards 2017 Excellence in the Field of Mathematics
- International Association for Cryptologic Research (IACR) Fellow (2015)
- IACR Distinguished Lecturer (2009), etc.
Hitonobu Tomoike, Ph.D.
- Sweden-Japan Cardiovascular and Metabolic Science Symposium (2007)
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology (2003-)
- Fellow of the American Heart Association (1997-), etc